Master of Arts in Educational Leadership (School Principal & Central Office)
The Hampton University Master of Arts in Educational Leadership program prepares practitioners in teaching or teaching-related careers for positions in educational administration. The program is aligned with the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC) and Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium 2008 (ISLLC) standards. The program is approved by the Virginia State Board of Education and is part of the College of Professional Education unit accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE). Hampton also offers concentrations in both Higher Education and PK-12 Education.
Though Hampton offers the Education Leadership Master’s degree online, as well as on-campus, the primary campus program is housed in the College of Virginia Beach (COVB), which offers the latest in learning technology. Campus amenities include: mediated classrooms and labs; real-time video/audio connectivity to main campus and other sites; mediated conference and seminar rooms; a 100-seat mediated lecture hall; instructional computer classrooms, a large open computer lab and full campus library connectivity.
The HU Educational Leadership Master’s degree in Virginia represents a multifaceted approach to improving student achievement by improving the level and effectiveness of educational leadership. It has taken into account the need for school districts to address the proficiency of educational leaders at various stages of their professional careers.
- Cost Per Credit - $695
- Course Length – 14 Month Accelerated Program
- Degree Credits – 42
- Available to those who qualify
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- FAFSA School Code: 003714
- Online application for admission
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum GPA of 2.5
- Two letters of reference
- Application for admission to the graduate college
- Resume of personal, professional and educational background
- GRE within last 5 years all three sections
- Personal statement of applicant’s professional and academic goals
- TOEFL of min. 550 if international