Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Management
Learn to navigate the intricacies of educational institutions with an online Ph.D. in Education Management from Hampton University. As education becomes increasingly complex, leaders must be flexible, while utilizing the most innovative educational strategies. This advanced degree gives you the skills and experience to adapt in the dynamic educational environment while leading organizations to the forefront of the field.
The accelerated 66 credit-hour Educational Management Ph.D. program is designed to provide specialized instruction, and is focused on giving students the experience they need. The degree offers specializations in:
- Higher Education
- Pre-K-12 Education
- STEM Leadership
- Special Education
These concentrations, in combination with leadership training, provide graduates with a comprehensive set of skills that allow them to facilitate positive change in the educational landscape. Take your career to the next level - apply today.
This unique program in executive Educational Management provides an attractive and viable alternative to "traditional" doctoral programs in educational leadership. As an alternative doctoral model, the program is designed to:
- Provide candidates with an advanced curriculum that focuses on relevant and current topics and issues in executive educational leadership;
- Focus on the core leadership competencies, dispositions, and applied research that executive educational leaders need to be effective in educational settings;
- Provide opportunities for candidates to focus their dissertation on actual problems in educational organizations, making the dissertation relevant and practical, and thereby encouraging organizational support;
- Provide candidates with access to a network of successful educational leaders and organizations to support their intellectual, professional, and career development.
- Cost Per Credit - $695
- Course Length - 9 weeks
- Degree Credits - 66
- Degree Length - 2.5 years
- Available to those who qualify
- Apply for financial aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- FAFSA School Code: 003714
- Bachelor's degree must have at least 3.0 GPA at the undergraduate level, below 3.0 (Provisional)
- GRE score of 150, score below 150 will be considered for provisional admission after submitting writing sample. If student is selected for provisional admission, must achieve a 3.0 in first 6 hours
- Written statement of why they want to major in Educational Management
- Application for admission
- Two letters of recommendation that address academic ability, interpersonal skills, integrity, and written/oral communication effectiveness.
- Personal Interview as needed
- One official, sealed transcript from each institution attended
Hampton University Online has been recognized as a Best Online College in Virginia by Affordable Colleges Online.