Student Complaints and Grievances Procedures

Hampton U Online has a process for, and will make every attempt to help resolve student complaints within its academic and administrative departments.  If you are taking courses through Hampton U Online and have a complaint about your experience, you have the following options:

  1. Initiate the grievance process by following the Grievance Procedure for Hampton University Undergraduate and Graduate Students as outlined in the Academic Catalog.
  2. Contact the Southern Association of Colleges and Universities (SACS).
  3. Contact the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
  4. If you reside outside of Virginia, you can file a complaint in the state where you live. Click here for listings of State Education Agencies Nationwide.

If you are a state education agency and have questions about the programs of Hampton U Online, please email